in-system programming (isp) training
ISP benefits the examiner who faces the challenges of tightening budgets yet wants to expand their expertise in retrieving evidence from locked smartphones. A cost-effective technique, ISP provides examiners with the same results of a chip-off at a lower price-point.
- You will gain a comprehensive understanding and the skills to perform ISP extractions from devices with eMMC and eMCP memory.
- You will learn how to determine if a cell phone supports the ISP process, locate the ISP connection points, then using a hardware / software combination of tools, connect to the phone and download its contents.
- You will know how to perform chip-off extractions.
- You will be able to remove chips from devices, locate ISP connection points using back tracing techniques, and then apply the ISP process to an identical phone to download the flash memory.
- You will learn finer precision soldering skills as they solder to the resistors and capacitors of the PCB.
who is the
- Service employees, policemen and persons with tasks related to computer forensics within the scope of their duties.
- Sworn Law Enforcement.
For students bringing a laptop to class, please ensure they meet the following minimum requirements:
• Windows 7
• Windows 8.x and 10.x using these instructions (turn off driver sig enforcement)
• macOS with Bootcamp Windows 7
• macOS with Bootcamp Windows 8.x and Win 10.x using these instructions
• macOS alone will not work (No Virtual Machines)
• 8GB RAM (minimum)
• 100GB storage (minimum)
• You must have Admin rights or have the admin password for software installation.
• NOTE: ALL Windows updates should be done prior to class.